Granite is one of the most popular choices for countertops. It has a hard, scratch-resistant surface, which makes it durable and an ideal material having a long shelf life. Available in vivid patterns, colors and types, it accommodates the variety of needs and can be used for numerous commercial or residential purposes.
Because of its tough surface, granite slab edges are difficult to profile, grind or polish. It requires high quality abrasive tools such as a diamond profile wheel and diamond polishing pads to grind shape and polish. By selecting the right quality tools and adopting the right techniques, with minimal effort one can create bullnose granite countertops edges profile with professional finish.
Also, various granite quality often varies in its hardness, the right amount of wet or dry grinding, cutting and polishing is required to give a smooth, round bullnose edge granite finish. This write-up explores how one can use bullnose profile wheel on granite countertops.
Tools Needed to Bullnose Profile Granite Countertop Edges
- Bullnose diamond profile wheel
- Low speed grinder polisher
- Safety glasses
- Water and Wiping cloth
- Diamond polishing pads
- Make sure that you have using the safety glass
- Use protective mask to be safe from dust
- Use protective gloves
- Read all warning for wet polisher and follow all
recommended cautions and warnings.
How to Bullnose Granite
The process of creating a bullnose profile on granite countertop edges using a profile wheel consists of a few but perfectly carried out DIY steps. All that you need to do is to follow these steps and you will get the desired bullnose granite edges on countertop.
- To begin with, put the granite slab on the work table and clamp it securely. This will ensure that it doesn’t slide off during the grinding process. Movement of the slab during grinding can lead to uneven grinding of granite edges or lead to hazards.
- After this, put on the gloves, safety glasses, aprons and respirator to avoid inhaling granite dust and to avoid it getting in your eyes, body parts or clothes.
- Proceed to connect the bullnose profile wheel to the low speed grinder and polisher. Once it is connected properly, start the grinder and polisher and keep the speed low.
- When you run the variable speed wet polisher grinder with the diamond profile wheel along the edges of the granite slab, be careful and make sure that you hold it it flat and don’t turn it in an angle. Doing the latter can cut off more than it is required from either the top or the bottom layer of the granite slab and will not give you the desired bullnose profile shape.
- With a steady hand, keep moving the grinder forward and backward as it grinds the edge. If you keep it at only one place of the slab constantly, the diamond profile wheel will cut deeper than required. Continue this till you get a perfect bullnose profile on your granite slab.
- In the final stages, be extra cautious, keep moving the wheel forward and backwards and give the slab a perfect finishing touch. When you are done with the same, clean the slab with a damp cloth. You can also opt to use diamond polishing pads to polish it and afterwards seal it.
This way, you can easily have a bullnose profile on
granite slab, which can be used as a countertop or find other applications.
About Shop N Save Mart - Diamond Tools Supplier
Shop N Save Mart is a renowned industrial diamond tools supply company and the authorized retailer for Stadea tools. A custom B2B service provider, the organization provides a holistic solution for stone polishing, cutting, grinding, restoration, and diamond tools procurement to stone, granite and concrete manufacturers, fabricators, etc. Their professional quality tools offering, competitive pricing, exemplary focus on customer service, B2B friendly online portal, free shipping, free overnight shipping, fast shipping, delayed time zone shipping location, cost-effective deals, discounts, and other bargains makes them one of the best partners for all diamond tool related needs and supply.